Top Best-Selling Vehicles of 2022
The Covid pandemic had a significant impact on the car industry worldwide. The global lockdowns and economic downturn caused by the pandemic resulted in a decrease in demand for cars, and many car manufacturers were forced to temporarily shut down their factories.
In the early stages of the pandemic, car sales dropped sharply, and the production of new vehicles was halted or reduced. The pandemic also disrupted global supply chains, making it difficult for car manufacturers to source the parts they needed to produce cars.
Many car manufacturers responded to the pandemic by pivoting their production to make medical equipment, such as ventilators and personal protective equipment (PPE). Some manufacturers also shifted their focus to producing electric vehicles and investing in autonomous driving technology.
The pandemic also accelerated the trend towards online car sales, as many dealerships were closed during the lockdowns. This led to an increase in digital marketing and online car purchases.
Overall, the car industry faced significant challenges during the Covid pandemic, but many manufacturers were able to adapt and find new ways to operate in a changing environment.
Despite the continuing supply chain issues of inventory for dealerships across the country, these vehicles made top sales this past year in 2022.
- Chevy Equinox: third place in the compact crossover sales race
- Ford F-Series: top selling vehicle for the 41st year and America’s bestselling truck for the 46th year!
- Honda CR-V: top ten bestseller. Voted most fun-to-drive and tackled Car and Driver’s off-road challenge with no issues.
- Jeep Wrangler: bestselling Jeep model
- Subaru Crosstrek: bestselling Subaru model
- Toyota Corolla: top seller with 1.12 million units sold
- Toyota Highlander: top ten best seller
- Toyota Tacoma: best mid-size pickup
- Toyota RAV4: best-selling non pickup